Tuesday, July 28, 2009

~A Little Bit of Heaven~

Well, I don't know what Heaven is really like, but I have 4 grown children and 9 beautiful grandchildren, so I'm guessing it's a little like my family..who you haven't met yet, so today I am going to introduce you to them all..They are my ~Little Bit of Heaven~ for sure..
I am married to Steven..my best friend. He is a kind gentle man with a heart as big as the world. We have both been married before, but Steven and I have known each other for many years. We were both Volunteer First Aiders here in town. After 18 years of being Volunteer First Aiders we both retired from it, but Steven is also a Volunteer Firefighter, with 35 years of active service as of date. Being a Firefighter is what is true to his heart, even though he's not as active as he once was.. He is also a great stepdad to my grown children, and a wonderful "PopPop" to our beautiful Grandchildren.. He is an avid fisherman, and that is his other true love.. I think if he had his way, we would live on a big boat on the water year round.. which as long as the kids could visit would be fine with me..why not right?
I have 4 beautiful children.. Barbara my first born and only daughter, is 34 years old, married to a wonderful man Bob, and they have 6 beautiful children... Matt, their only son is going to be 10 at the end of August, Angelina who just turned 9 at the end of May, Anna who just turned 8 in the beginning of June, Allie (who has FSGS, the non curable kidney disease) just turned 7 in the beginning of June, Alaina who will be 6 in October, and will be starting kindergarten in September, and Krista who will be 3 in November.. They are amazing children..very active in school and in Church..so very proud of them all..
My oldest son is Charlie...he is 32, married to Donna and they have 3 beautiful children.. Ashley is our 1st Grandchild..and she will be 13 years old tomorrow (July 29th) good gosh, where has the time gone?? Then their is Craigie..so cute..!! And Charlieboy who will be 9 in November..
My middle son is Bobby a/k/a lil Bobby, and all his nieces and nephews call him Uncle Boo..Bobby will be 29 on August 8th..I can't believe all this time is passing me by..!! Bobby was 8 weeks premature at birth, but turned out to be a true survivor..he is over 6' tall!! I don't know where that came from, because everyone on both sides are short..well not real short, but not that tall either. He is currently single, still trying to decide the direction of travel in his life.
My youngest son is Frankie, he just turned 27 in June, he also is single, deciding his direction of travel..Frankie was always drawn to the ocean as well..he was always into surfing, body boarding and the like, if it had to do with the ocean, he was and still is there.. All through his high school years, he was in every imaginable competition there was to do with body boarding, and was even a rep for some of the name brand companies..but time passes, and he is on to other ventures.
So that is a little about my family..you can follow my daughter's blog at:
www.theknitterwithin.blogspot.com
and the other is:
www.bipolarventures.blogspot.com
I hope you will stop and visit her blogs, and let her know her Mom sent you..!!

1 comment:

CDShephard said...

An FDA advisory panel just recommended yesterday that the warning label for Covidien’s Optimark and GE’s Omnisca—drugs in the family of medications known as gadolinium-based contrast agents (DBCAs)—be updated to restrict their use in patients with severe kidney disease because of the potential for an increased risk of nephrogenic systemic fibrosis (NSF). NSF causes thickening of the skin and organs. GBCAs carry a strong “black box” warning. This site has good information on this issue: http://www.gadolinium-mri.com/index.html