Saturday, July 11, 2009

Becoming A ~Soldier's Angel~

In the beginning of June 2009, I became a "Soldier's Angel" and had adopted my first soldier..!! What a thrill and Honor at the same time..Well by the beginning of July, I had Officially adopted 2 Soldiers, and 1 Unofficially !! Plus my niece Kim, is currently stationed over in Germany at Ramstein AFB, as she is a SGT in the United States Air Force. She has served 2 tours in Iraq with a tour of Korea in between. Kimmie has followed in her Dad's (my brother) footsteps, as he is RET. USAF (Vietnam Vet). Kimmie's brother is RET. USARMY, 82nd Airborned, he RET. shortly after the incident at Pope Air Force Base about 8-10 years ago, as he was in the plane on the ground. So coming from a family of Military, when I joined Soldier's Angels, I knew this was a great organization to join.
Even though I haven't yet heard from my "ADOPTED SONS", I feel in my heart they know I am thinking of them, and praying for their safety, and their safe homecoming every day...
I do try to write to my boys 3x a week, and a package every couple weeks, I've heard just the simplest of things make them smile...
When my oldest granddaughter was here in the middle of June, she suggested we make some homemade cards to send to my 1st Adopted Soldier, she said Nana, just in case you can't get a letter in the mail, then we have the cards all ready, and you just have to write a little something inside, put a stamp on it and put it out to the mailbox.. Such smart kids right? Here is a picture of the cards that we made...



I would strongly suggest if you would like to "SUPPORT OUR MILITARY" in some small way, this is for you..!! Not only are you sending these men and women a piece of home, but you are also bringing a little bit of peace to your heart..Let's face it, we certainly need them, as they are fighting for us...so we should be able to do a little something for them.. If interested please go to: www.soldiersangels.org
Believe me, you will be so glad you did..and after joining you will truly find joy and love in your heart, and appreciate our Military (past & present) God Bless..


No comments: