Friday, July 10, 2009

~Angels For Allie~


This is the first time for writing a Blog, so please bear with me, through the trials of doing this.. I am doing this on behalf of my granddaughter Allie who was diagnosed with FSGS (a non curable kidney disease) back in the summer of 2007.. Allie will eventually need a kidney transplant as this disease attacks both kidneys. Allie just turned 7 this past June 4th, 2009. She is a very active and loving little girl.. She has an older brother Matthew who will be 10 in August, 2 older sisters, Angelina who is 9, Anna who is 8, then 2 younger sisters..Alaina who is 5 and Krista who is 2 1/2. Her mommy is my daughter Barbara, and she is married to a wonderful man named Bob. The picture posted to the left is of Allie this past April at the Grand Opening of West Marine in Brick NJ, where her PopPop works in the Fishing Department..
As Allie was sitting on the swing with her mommy, waiting for the yearly fireworks to start, she yelled over to me..(I was sitting on the porch) Nana, when you die, will you leave me your swing? Well we all almost fell over laughing, as I said to her, Allie do you know something I don't know?? lol..she said no Nana, you aren't going to die soon..What a relief that was to hear..
Like I said I am new to this Blog stuff, so I have no clue on what I am doing here..so please bear with me..as I try to add pictures, they all end up together and that's not what I want, so maybe I will just start a new Blog telling the story of each picture I publish..
Thank you for taking the time to read this little bit that I wrote, and be sure to check back often on the updates that I post..
Ruthi




No comments: